This is your unique shareable URL you can share with others so that they may apply to this position.
1. Patrol Duty – a Cadet shall be allowed to accompany a designated coach officer during uniform patrol escorts, including foot patrol;
2. Participating in community events, crime prevention initiatives, special projects, as well as conducting ride-a-longs with an assigned training officer.
3. Performing computer queries and other checks to assist officers as requested.
4. Providing assistance with major incidents, including traffic control duties, neighbourhood canvassing and ground searches.
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident status.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Be of good moral character and habits.
• Mentally able to perform the job.
• Possess a valid driver's licence (minimum Class G) with a good driving record.
• Successfully completed secondary school or the approved equivalent.
• Will be asked to provide all high school transcripts and diploma.
• Will be asked to provide post secondary transcripts (diploma/degree if achieved).
• Meet vision standards of uncorrected visual acuity of at least 20/40 binocularly, corrected visual acuity should be at least 20/20 binocularly, with normal colour vision and normal hearing standards.
• Possess either a OACP Certificate of Results, or the ability to obtain that certificate during the contract position.
• Possess a good level of fitness.
• Possess a current Standard First Aid certificate and a current CPR certificate (Basic Rescuer Level C).
• Between the ages of 19-24 years of age.
• In the last semester of post-secondary education, graduating in Spring 2022, or recently graduated from a post secondary education.
Applications will not be accepted after October 15th, 2021.
NOTE: We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants that are selected to attend a testing session will be contacted. The testing sessions will take place in October 2021.